Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Just an Illusion - EP by D. Kelly - Release Day

 
Cover Design: Regina Wamba / Maeidesign and Photography
 
Release Date: June 21, 2017
 
Synopsis
 
Lives are turned upside down … Everything was perfect before life came to a screeching halt. When devastating loss flips Amelia’s world on its axis, she loses her spirit. Mel isn’t the only one hurting, though; the members of BAD are also struggling to find their way after that tragic night. Life goes on … Amelia’s friends move heaven and earth to help ease her sadness. Knowing she’s on a dangerous precipice, they fight through their own pain to bring her safely to the other side of her grief. Love can conquer … Amelia knows bottling up her feelings isn’t helping anything. With love at her fingertips, all she has to do is reach for it. Mel’s loved ones desperately hope she can once again find her way to happiness. Can Amelia overcome her fears to let love in again, or will she let the weight of that night continue to drown her in sorrow? Just an Illusion – EP is book three in The Illusion Series  
Goodreads
 
 
Purchase Link

 
This is the 3rd book in the Just an Illusion series and all I can say is buckle up! Dee tried to warn us in the ARC groups for each book but I have to say that I doubted her about the crazy this series would pull out of my emotions. LOL This series HAS to be read in order because you will be lost otherwise. Now to try to write this review........

This is the most emotional wrenching book that I have read in years. I am not usually a crier over books but I cried for about 75% of the book, the other 25%, I was bouncing with happiness at the turn things were taking, sometimes all within the span of a couple pages. Please make sure you have the time to dedicate to the book and gather up tissues, chocolate, some alcohol and a nerve pill because good lord, you're going to need it. I had to take a couple of days to process the whole thing and to recover from the emotional roller coaster that this series had wrought. I absolutely love the support system that the Weston's give to each other and Mel. That's seriously the only thing I can write specifically about this book because otherwise you will know what direction the book might take. There is love, loss, new beginnings and even a couple of sweaty, swoony sexy times.

There really isn't a way to write a review for this book without spoilers because everything is connected. I was so mad that the first two books were cliffhangers but this book makes up for it in a HUGE way. Have you ever had a book that you just KNOW will stay with you forever? This series is exactly that for me. The author is a magician with words and I will fan-girl to the end of time over her just because of this series.
Giveaway
A choice of D.Kelly's paperbacks (1 winner) and a $20 Amazon Gift Card (1 winner)
 
 
 
   
About the Author
 
D. Kelly, author of The Acceptance Series, The Illusion Series, and standalone companion novels Chasing Cassidy and Sharing Rylee, was born and raised in Southern California. She’s a wife, mom, dog lover, taxi, problem fixer, and extreme multi-tasker. She married her high school sweetheart and is her kids’ biggest fan.
Kelly has been writing since she was young and took joy in spinning stories to her childhood friends. Margaritas and sarcasm make her smile, she loves the beach but hates the sand, and she believes Starbucks makes any day better.
A contemporary romance writer, D. Kelly’s stories revolve around friendship and the bond it creates, strengthening the love of the people who share it. 
For all things D. Kelly, you can visit her website: http://www.dkellyauthor.com
   
Connect with D
Newsletter Sign Up: http://bit.ly/2ngwyK4
Facebook Author Page: http://bit.ly/2mCW4Gk
Facebook Reader Group: http://bit.ly/2lU7EzG
Goodreads Author Page: http://bit.ly/2mkiDPb
Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/2n2aiTW
   

No comments:

Post a Comment